Living A New Life (as a development worker)

Hello,

It's been a very long time since my very last writing here. There have been so many things happened in my life. Surprisingly, I am now living my (new) life in Bajawa. (Well not really new tho since I have been here within the previous eight months).

Bajawa is a small city in Flores Island. It is the capital city of Ngada District. It is very cold here. (I honestly had no idea before that there is a cold place in Flores Island :p).

Why am I here?
I currently work in an NGO and do this work that's related with monitoring and evaluation process for health and education project.

This is what I've always wanted. This kind of development work that I am passionate with which I found it so hard to get into this kind of work as I was just a fresh graduate and this kind of work requires a lot of (field) experiences and some takes a master degree to support you to get in to this development work. However, God leads me all the way. (I think I am going to write how then I get into this kind of work later).

Before being posted here, I was being posted to West Borneo for a short time. That started my journey in the field as a development worker. (and I will share some stories from the Borneo Land too :) )

So, here I am now! New place and new people to meet, new culture, new work and I am still adapting myself to all this.

Keep up with my journey in Flores Island through my postings here! I would love to share some stories from this place :)

Making new friends with elementary students in the village!



Regards from Flores Island,



-M-

Comments