Late Posting about JJF 2012

Hi.. It's been a long time since the last posting I dropped here. Many things happened. And I was busy doing this and that. So this time I'll be dropping a post about Java Jazz 2012 (yeah I know it was a month ago-which is totally late for me talking about this. But rather than not at all, I'd better to still type something that I still remember hehe)

I went to the Saturday's show with my brother. Starting from Depapepe. They played some songs like "One", "Rozy", "Summer Parade", "Start", "Kito matta itsuka" and "Fun Time". For me, they play music with their heart and I see sincerity in their music. Althought it was an instrumental show but the audience sang along following the melody of guitar. Really enjoyable. I have to say that their show was quite entertaining.

Depapepe

Takuya Miura dan Tokuoka Yoshinari

After that we watched Pat Metheny. There's a memorable story here. Right after Depapepe ended their show, I and my brother moved to watch Pat Metheny. We got place in the corner in front of the stage. I have to say that it was not as crowded as the previous show. Then we watched Pat Metheny. Around 2 songs we watched, suddenly a group of people came and stood up right after us. And when I dropped my sight to them, I just recognized that they are Depapepe! I was really surprised that just a moment ago I watched them on the stage and at that moment I just watched the show right beside them. So I and my brother asked to take picture with Miura Takuya and Tokuoka Yoshinari but the LO didn't allow us to do so for the reason of privacy. So we just got Tokuoka's signature on our tickets. But still, that was really exciting me :)

Tokuoka Yoshinari's signature

Anyhow, Pat Metheny's show was really cool. Full of complication of techniques but that's what makes it enjoyable!
Pat Metheny

After that, we went watching Mama's gun for a couple songs: "Pots of Gold" and some other songs before we watched Dave Koz's show. He did a collaboration with a street kids on "You Make Me Smile Song" which was really cool! Some songs he brought were "Tender is The Night" and "Keliru". Cool.


Mamas Gun
Jack Pollitt 'Mamas Gun'


Andy Platts 'Mamas Gun'


Dave Koz



Last, we went watching Soulvibe. They brought up something new in this show: their new guitarist and new song. Some songs they played were "Adinda", "Antartika", "Masih", "Berlian". Afterall it was a worth performance to watch!


My Brother
So that's it for JJF 2012.

Comments