between highschool and campus life

the world cup 2010 was over. Spain successfully brought the trophy home and be the new champion of this 4 years gradual event. Netherlands got the second place and Germany won the third placement against Uruguay (thanks to God). congratulations to all the champion for showing the best football in world cup. and South Africa, congrats on your successfulness in holding this massive events, you rocks!

now there's no more sleep over at night to watch the country teams playing football, no more #worldcup trending topic on twitter, and it signs that the euphoria was over last morning. and now people back to their usual life.

the holiday, for certain people, was over too. students should back to the school meet up their friends and meet up their homework too. sadly, i am missing those moments, when i used to wake up early and be hurry on my way to school, when i still meet my friends everyday, when we curse on the teacher when they give so many homeworks and assignments, when we got remedy on failing the test, when we had flag ceremony every monday morning, when we involved in school organizations and its activity.

at that time, i was wondering when would it comes to and end, when i can graduate from this school, say hello to the wide world, and face my future. i really wanted to live my life as an independent person. and i was thinking that campus life would be so fun and cool. where we don't have to wear any uniform, where we can have 100% of privacy by living somewhere out of our home, where we have our own authority to manage our schedule of studying, and the most thing is, where we can get 100% appreciation as a mature person.

but now, being at home for more less 3 months gave me another point of view through this thing.
campus life isn't that easy as i've thought before.

1. i used to love when i don't have to wear uniform everyday, but now i reconsider it and wonder how long i will spend my time to choose what i'm going to wear today, i wonder how i will busy to mix and match my outfit to look not same day by day, how long it takes to only think about appearance.

2. i used to think that leaving somewhere out of home is gonna be fun because i will have my total privacy, but then i reconsider it again, will i survive leaving here far away from my family? will i be able to manage all of my needed? how i will be missing when my mom wake me up in the morning, when i have discussion with my dad and when i fight with my brother for the tv remote control. how will i survive leaving alone on my room and everything's gonna be done by me myself only.

3. i used to think that campus free learning system (read: all is up to you) is gonna be much better than the school strict learning system (read: all is up to the teacher). but now i reconsider it can i survive to learn all of the high analytical materials? how can i survive with no teacher all the time able to be asked and really care about what we should do and what we shouldn't?

4. i used to think that by being a varsity then i would get a higher social level. sometimes people do underestimate high school student for the reason of maturity.but now i reconsider it, will i be mature by suddenly be a varsity student? will i be able to take all the responsibilities towards my own self? will i be able to control my self from any bad influences? will i be able to arrange my income and outcome to make it balance and not always ask additional money to my parents?

now i am so missing the time when i was still in the high school. i miss my school and all the things in it. friends, teachers, homeworks, classrooms, extracuricular, flag ceremony, library, canteen, ahmad yani field, and all the laugh, smile, tears, all the emotion we shared together.

i'm so gonna miss it. let the memories still remains and not be forgotten by time. because high school never ends :)

Comments